Sunday, April 15, 2018

#19 Ella Fitzgerald, "Sings the Gershwin Song Book"

I might get flack for this, but I couldn't listen to too much of this album. Fitzgerald and the Gershwins are geniuses, of that I'm sure. It's not really my kind of music; all those strings are just so...parental. This just feels like music for older folks, stuff I used to avoid when I was a kid. Mix that with the fact that there is over 4 hours of music on this one meant that I just had to pass. I'm finding that the albums that have a rougher edge, a bit more energy and less rehearsal are appealing more to me, even when it's not my kind of music. This stuff is so polished, there's not an interesting corner to it. For me. So.. I'm sure this is great stuff, just not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Shut your whore mouth! Ella is queen! :)
    I tend to like Ella swing style over jazz so I'm on the other side of the music equation for this era, I think.

    ReplyDelete